Try turning off connections that you aren’t using, changing your sleep settings, or dimming the screen.
By default, to save battery power, your device goes to sleep when you aren’t using it, and apps that you don’t use regularly are put in standby mode.
If your battery is still draining more quickly than expected, you can change device settings to extend battery life. Swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger.>Tap , then change any of the following settings.
Turn off network connections that you aren’t using.
When your device is outside a wireless coverage area, you can turn off your connection to the mobile network or to Wi-Fi so that your device doesn’t search for a wireless network signal continuously.
In the device settings, do any of the following:
To turn off all connections, tap More. Turn on the Airplane mode switch.
To turn off Wi-Fi only, tap Wi-Fi. Turn off the switch.
Delete saved Wi-Fi networks
- In the device settings, tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap a Wi-Fi network, then tap Forget.
Shorten the length of time before your device goes to sleep.
- In the device settings, tap Display.
- Tap Sleep, then tap 15 seconds or 30 seconds.
Dim the screen.
- In the device settings, tap Display > Brightness level.
- On the slider, drag the slider handle to the left.
Decrease the volume
- In the device settings, tap Sound.
- On the Media volume, Alarm volume, or Ring volume sliders, drag the slider handle to the left.
Turn off key press feedback
- In the device settings, tap Language & input > Keyboard Settings > BlackBerry Keyboard > Key press feedback.
- Turn off the Vibrate switch and the Sound switch.
Turn on battery saver
If your device is low on battery power, you can turn on battery saver to limit features that use the most power, such as vibration, location services, and data services. You can set battery saver to turn on automatically when your battery power reaches a certain percentage.
Note: When battery saver is turned on, some applications and messaging services that rely on syncing might not update unless you open them.
- In the device settings, tap Battery >Battery saver.
- Turn on the switch.
- To turn on battery saver automatically when your device is low on battery power, tap Turn on automatically. Tap a percentage.
Turn on battery optimization
By default, battery optimization is turned on for most apps and features. If you turned off battery optimization for an app, you might want to turn it back on again, at least until you have a chance to charge your device.
- In the device settings, tap Battery > >Battery optimization.
- Tap an app.
- Select the Optimize option, then tap Done.